Indianapolis Employment Law Attorney
The Law Office of James (JD) Masur Attorney at Law, focuses on representing employees in employment law cases. We also represent employees in legal malpractice cases involving inadequate representation in employment law matters. If you believe you have been treated wrongly by your employer, contact attorney JD Masur to schedule a consultation. Attorney JD Masur has over 30 years of experience.
Are you being treated differently in the workplace because of your age, race, sex, religion, ethnicity, disability, or pregnancy? Do you believe there has been a bias in hiring, promoting, determining pay structure, or layoffs of employees? If so, your treatment may be unlawful and you may have a claim.
Harassment in the workplace can come in many different forms ranging from inappropriate sexual comments in a hostile work environment to threats or assault. If you are suffering from sexual harassment, racial harassment or other harassment in your workplace, or if you were fired after having been a victim of sexual harassment, call Attorney JD Masur for help.
Wage and Hour Violations / Employee Misclassification
Requiring employees to work overtime without additional pay is one of the most common wage and hour violations. Whether it results from not giving an employee meal breaks or misclassifying an employee as exempt from overtime pay, it is illegal. If you believe that you are having a problem with pay and overtime disputes, contact Attorney JD Masur. Our attorney represents:
- Hourly employees denied breaks or told to work off the clock
- First-level managers improperly classified as exempt
- Technology employees wrongly classified as exempt
- Salespeople who have been improperly paid
Although employers can hire and fire at will, they cannot fire people for reporting illegal employer behavior to the government or for seeking to protect themselves from harassment, discrimination or other illegal employment situations. That is wrongful termination and you can seek legal action.
Expect Sound Legal Counsel to Navigate Complex Employment Laws
- Federal Workers - VA, DFAS
- OSHA, unemployment compensation and ADA accommodation
- Arbitrations, collective bargaining, CBA administration and grievance/arbitration processing, union organizing and strike-related activities
- Non-competition, trade secrets and other issues relating to current or former employee
Explore Employment Law Links
Learn more about employment laws: